Pages

Monday 8 August 2011

Finding Some Free Time!

Its been almost 8 months since I last ventured into Eorzea, so whats new or more likely what have I missed. While listening to some soothing background music provided by the auto-updater, I thought it might be wise to read up on some of the recent changes.

I find things such as: visible quest characters and the odd reference to something called Dark Matter. The music fades, the screen widens... I instantly notice an updated user interface, a bit more colour / depth. I also notice some of my skills have been replaced with others. Eager to test then out I head towards the town gate only to find another character beckoning me over. After a short exchange, I am asked to head south and seek out some local wildlife for research. I agree, for a small sum naturally.

The forest is teaming with animals, but no signs of any adventurers perhaps there are all tucked up in the local tavern. With a few swishes of my sword my wildlife research is complete, and I have bagged a few teeth for my would-be researcher. I return to town hand in my quest and the much needed reward, as I notice that my gloves are wearing a little thin. I prepare my tanners workbench only to find that I am missing a new ingredient, something called Dark Matter. I make some inquiries around town, where I am pointed to the local market row. A tall man stands before me offering his wears, which also include the Black Matter I am after. After concluding my business to start repairing my gloves, in a quite literary a flash my gloves are good as new, and ready for my next fishing trip.

I wonder if I can find some of this Black Matter out in the forest...

No comments:

Post a Comment