Pages

Saturday 4 September 2010

Gathering / Fishing, and these linked to Server Latency

For some reason today my connection (and maybe others) has been a little slow, starting at 300~ and sometimes hitting 2000~. I put this down the weekend.

Anyhow, when trying to fish, the time between casting, jig'ng, jig'ng etc. Got more and more lengthy to the point that it took about 10 minutes to catch or fail. I came to the following conclusion that each stage of the gather the client (your game) must communicate with the server. I can only presume that this is due to possible hacking and using bots.

So to recap:-

1. Player: Casts Line
2. (Pause) Tell Server I am fishing (Server Communication)
3. Player: Chooses Depth
4. (Pause) Tell Server "My Depth" (Server Communication)
5. Server Returns: Nibble / Bite / Lost
6. If you get a Nibble / Bite (you can continue)
7. Player: Choose, "Wait / Jig / Cancel"
8. (repeat until caught / lost)

In summary, if you are just farming / leveling DO NOT fishing / gather in an area where you are experiencing server lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment