Pages

Saturday 4 September 2010

How I Fish!

This quite well maybe very very wrong, but hey I am beta testing. As with any class in Final Fantasy 14 you get EXP for both your class (job) and physical level (+skill points fishing / hand to hand etc). With every level you may gain a new ability and some points to spend on your stats.

At present I decided to place pretty much most of the stats points in DEX, this allows me to play some melee classes too, or so it would appear. I am not sure if the DEX stat helps with fishing as I have not yet tried others. But so far I am getting very nice results from it, alot better than I have previously read and watched from close beta testers.

Life in open beta is somewhat manic, after all its a free game I guess. So trying to level a melee can be hard, generally because you and another 200-300 people in that zone are trying to do the same thing. That aside as a fisherman (yes I am a male Lalafell) you can normally find a good river or lake to fish in with the familiar sound of running feet as people attempt to level around you.

I am not sure if there is a strong market for my fish via Bazaars or Retainers (not tried), but you get a reasonable amount of gil from NPC them. Some people may gasp at this and I am sure I will find that out, but it helps pay the bills (repairs / upgrades / crafting).

Anyhow off to test other stats (yes you can re-assign your stats from time to time) to see if there is anymore difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment